Corporate cloud computing or popularly known as enterprise corporate cloud computing is currently the talk of the town. More and more reputed as well as relatively new organizations, corporate houses are seeking for cloud computing services.
So, before we get deeper into steps for successful cloud computing and strategic tips for its successful implementation, let us get some idea about the concept of cloud computing itself.
What is cloud computing?
These days, we, the common people who are technically unaware of the fine technicalities of IT, hear this term mostly from various brands who advertise their corporate cloud computing services. So, what is this all about?
Cloud computing is a virtual model of convenient data storage and sharing which is available on an easy network access basis through a shared pool of configured computer programming and resources and that can be managed, accessed and released with minimal supervision.
However, the key characteristics of cloud computing services includes:
- Expenditure or expenses related to the installation and usage of the cloud computing services
- Location, devices used, type of installation
- Performance and reliability of the cloud computation.
- Security, reliability, scalability & sustainability of the whole system.
The cloud computing services as a whole contain a structure or we can say have a specific architecture, and the whole architecture/structure is made of the following components which actually constitutes the whole system. These components are:
However, the main thing or component in this chain is the storage or commonly known as the cloud storage. Cloud storage is actually the model, or the structure of the whole data storage scheme in which data’s in a certain pool system (both logical and physical) are stored and is managed through the cloud computing operating systems.
These above-mentioned components are extremely vital and are backbones for successful implementation of cloud computing services and strategies in a corporate environment. However, for better success rates keeping in mind the following tips and points might come handy:
- Knowing your destination or rather the infrastructure, the size of the corporate organizations, its detailed operations, services, etc. of your prospective cloud computing client goes hand in hand with implementing successful cloud services. In fact, it’s considered as one of the key strategies and helps in determining the storage size, workload -performance mapping, developing the cloud computing infrastructure which are indispensable for successful implementation of such services.
- Knowing about client’s requirements and budget also helps to chalk and carry out the total cloud computing services plans more efficiently.
- Also, during the whole implementation process, it is highly recommended to follow and open, hybrid cloud process or approach which in turn ensures greater data efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Also, it is advised to work in collaboration with various vendors and departments within the corporate organization itself rather than DIY approach while implementing the services.
- Lastly, taking things slow without rush also goes a long way.
Following the tips mentioned above will definitely ensure a successful implementation of corporate cloud computing services.