What do the prototype manufacturing companies do?
The work of such companies is to utilize all the latest available techniques and help in transforming a concept into a venture. Now, depending on the type of prototype development involved, these companies perform varied tasks as enlisted below:
- Whether a small prototype or bigger ones, latest printer with updated designing helps to develop a perfect 3d prototype for an upcoming venture. One just needs to specify the firm’s requirements according to which prototype manufacturers can produce a 3D prototype.
- Some prototype manufacturers also facilitate mechanical engineering, 3D printing, 3D scanning all under one roof.
- A few of prototype manufacturers also include highly developed machining centers which help in SLS, FDM 3D printing and much more. Hence, one needs to identify what factors one should include in the prototype. Then, one needs to approach the right group of prototype manufacturers which would cater to all their needs.
- Sometimes certain ventures may require up scaled prototyping. This may include proper color, finish, casting, and material properties. There are numerous such prototype developers who would be able to serve all such requirements surprisingly at an affordable price.
- Based on the range of product that a venture needs to showcase, advanced functional engineering prototypes may be developed. Prototype manufacturing companies housing facilities like stereo lithography, laser sintering, fused deposition modeling and metal laser sintering are able to serve this purpose.
- A wide variety of prototype manufacturers also provide low volume parts. The only thing that such companies would require is a 3d CAD file of such parts.
- Prototype manufacturers also provide different types of printing services for example, colorjet printing and plastic jet printing.
- Some well advanced prototype developers are capable of delivering exercise gear, foam pieces, casting parts, SA and injection molding parts.
- There are a good number of such manufacturing companies in the market whose prototyping services encompass services that would be helpful to designers and engineers. Advanced prototype services like vacuum casting and CNC machining can create the real functional prototype in just few days. Such companies would also advise their clients about the best fit service as per the needs.
- A few famous companies also cater specifically to a wide range of manufacturing processes like CNC, SS, SA, vacuum casting, die casting, rapid tooling, mold maker, die casting, low-volume manufacturing, surface treatment, multi- axis CNC machining and much more.
- There are a varied range of developmental services offered by certain prototype manufacturers. This may include simple services like cosmetics, toys, housewares to as complicated as pharmaceutical, food packaging services, aftermarket automotive development, pumps and robotics.
- The advancement in technology has also been a boon to prototype manufacturing firms. Such firms are empowered to produce standard parts without the need of a die with precision and accuracy. They can convert, die cut, and laminate all sorts of sheet materials, coated materials and products for various industries.
- Certain companies can also fabricate a prototype and manufacture a range of printed circuit boards.
So, your further planning of a specific model can be worked upon along with a team of prototype manufacturers whose services serve the purpose required by your growing firm.